The definition of GDPR and how ITGUYS can help your company in Ireland.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) outlines the rights of citizens of the European Union with respect to how their personal data is used, processed, and shared.
On May 25, 2018, organizations of all sizes around the globe will have to comply with the GDPR rules or face the threat of potentially heavy fines (up to 4% of the company’s worldwide turnover or 20 million Euros, whichever is higher)
You can find more information here
What ITGUYS can help you with
• Carry out an audit of the computer network and determine all the locations where data is currently stored.
• Produce a report from the above audit and make recommendations to deal with any vulnerabilities exposed.
• Review any current Data Protection Policy that the organisation has in place.
Implementation and Information
• Where no policy is in place, we will create an IT Security and Data Protection Policy specific to your organisation.
• We will work with you to understand the role of a “Data Protection Officer”
• We will provide you with an easy to follow document that can be distributed to all staff who are involved with data collection for the organisation.
• If no firewall is in place protecting your network, we must install and configure one of a standard that ensures that you pass GDPR compliance
Testing in the live environment
Once the above work is complete, we will finally…
• Test the ability of your IT infrastructure to withstand exploitation.
• Ensure that all of your sensitive data is encrypted.
• Be here to answer any follow up questions regarding your GDPR compliance
For more information on GDPR please see below
To set up an initial consultation or if you would like to ask us some more questions on our GDPR compliance service, please contact us at GDPR@itguys.ie